Auto Repair Services
Wheel Alignments Service in Dayton, NJ
Your wheels are the only part of the vehicle that touches the road. As such, this system must be properly functioning. However, hitting potholes or curbs, being involved in an accident, or driving with damaged or worn suspension parts can cause alignment problems with your wheels. Fortunately, the team at EG Auto Center can help.
At EG Auto Center, we offer affordable and reliable wheel alignments. This service involves adjusting your vehicle’s suspension settings back to the manufacturer’s suggested dimensions. Contrary to popular belief, wheel alignments (also referred to as tire alignments) don’t refer to adjusting your wheels or tires. Wheel alignments are vital services that help keep your vehicle driving straight down the road while preventing you from veering to one side of the road or the other.
What Occurs During Wheel Alignments?
During wheel alignments, an experienced EG Auto Center mechanic or auto technician will first carefully inspect three critical angles:
- Camber angles refer to the outward and inward tilt of each wheel. Worn ball joints, worn bearings, and other suspension complications can lead to camber misalignment.
- Your steering system’s pivot point generates caster angles from the front to the rear of your vehicle. The caster angles are responsible for helping you maintain stability, balanced steering, and effectively corner.
- The toe is the outward or inward angle of your wheels.
To collect these precise measurements, we use a state-of-the-art alignment rack enhanced with mounted laser sensors. The alignment rack carefully measures current wheel alignment settings. In addition to carefully inspecting your camber, caster, and toe angles, our alignment mechanic will also thoroughly review:
- Rear and front steering
- Tire condition
- Suspension System
- Air pressure
Once all the necessary inspections are complete, we will adjust the camber, caster, and toe angles based on the manufacturer’s specifications. And finally, we will test drive your vehicle to ensure our adjustments are precise.
Why Do Tire Alignments Matter?
When it comes to your vehicle, an ounce of maintenance is worth pounds of cure. In other words, regularly scheduled maintenance — like oil changes, suspension service and repair, wheel alignments, tire rotations, etc. — is much cheaper than the potential repairs caused by the neglect. Specifically, tire misalignment or improper wheel alignment can cause your tires to wear prematurely and unevenly. Wheel alignments can remedy three common uneven tire wear problems.
- Camber Wear. The overall strain of the tread wear means the outside or inside tread has a higher wear rate than the center tread. As the name suggests, negative or positive camber leads to this type of wear.
- Feathering. Your tires are feathered if the tread is sharp on one side and smooth on the other. Feathering is typically an indication of poor toe alignment.
- Heel/Toe Wear. This is when one side of the tread block wears down faster than the other.
All of these problems will cause your tires to wear prematurely, which means you will need to replace your tires more often. At the same time, failing to have wheel alignments can cause your fuel economy to decrease because of the additional resistance to the road.
How Do You Know Your Vehicle Needs Wheel Alignment in Dayton, NJ?
While we always confirm the problem via thorough vehicle inspections, your vehicle may be offering you warning signs. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, your vehicle may require a wheel alignment:
- Is your steering wheel off-center? The wheel was designed to be dead center. If the logo on the steering wheel isn’t centered, it could mean your wheels are misaligned.
- Does your steering wheel shake? If your steering wheel or vehicle vibrates when you accelerate, your wheels may be misaligned.
- Does your vehicle pull to the right or left? While it’s normal for slight pulling to the right or left, you shouldn’t have to steer to remain straight constantly. But if you do, you most likely need a wheel alignment.
Are your tires wearing abnormally? Your tire wear should be evenly spread out on the outside and inside. Abnormal tire wear can point to the need for a wheel alignment.
Contact EG Auto Center for Wheel Alignments in Dayton, NJ
At EG Auto Center, we offer affordable wheel alignment services for all makes and models of vehicles. In addition to a compressive suite of auto repair services, we work to deliver a world-class experience at every turn by offering an array of value-added services:
- Shuttle services —upon availability — in the Dayton, NJ area
- Complimentary one-way Uber or Lyft
- Free refreshments and beverage
- High-Definition TV
- Fast Wi-Fi in the lobby
- After-hours auto service dropbox in Dayton, NJ
- And more
Contact EG Auto Center today for fast and affordable wheel alignments in Dayton, NJ.